08 Feb Ibby & Romel’s White Chocolate Sahlab Muhalabieh
Ibby & Romel’s White Chocolate Sahlab Muhalabieh
Lebanese Milk Pudding, using Camel Milk!
2 titanium strength gelatine leaves
375ml camel milk
375ml full cream milk
80g Salep powder (this can also be spelt Sahleb)
175g white chocolate, finely chopped
80g bag Coles pistachios
55g caster sugar
250g punnet strawberries, thickly sliced
125g punnet raspberries
1 tsp rosewater
10 mint leaves, shredded
- To make muhalabieh, soak gelatine leaves in cold water to soften.
- Stir milks and salep powder in a medium saucepan over low heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stand 2 minutes then blitz with a stick blender until smooth and combined. Stir in softened gelatine until dissolved.
- Strain mixture into serving dishes. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To prepare toasted pistachios, place pistachios in a large frying pan. Sprinkle over sugar. Cook, tossing, until sugar is melted and nuts are toasted and caramelised. Cool completely. Process until finely chopped.
- To make berry salad, toss all ingredients together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Serve muhalabieh with berry salad and toasted pistachios.