27 Jul Sanitisers Make For Sensitive Hands – Camel Milk, The Chief In Skin Rejuvenation
Over the past few months we have washed our hands, used alcohol-based hand sanitisers and disinfectants to help stop the spread of Covid19. This constant hand washing and use of hand sanitisers and disinfectants compromises our skin biome, breaks down our skin barrier and creates cracks and inflammation on the skin.
What Actually Happens To The Skin On Our Hands?
Simply by exposing our hands frequently to water, soaps and sanitisers, the stratum corneum, which is the top layer of our skin, starts to become compromised. It is weakened and can develop cracks and/or become inflamed, therefore breaking down the skin’s protective barrier. In severe cases, particularly in occupations where people are required to wash their hands many times a day, they can develop contact dermatitis or ICD (Irritant Contact Dermatitis)[i] – which reduces the ability for the skin to protect itself from these irritants and throws our skin biome out of balance entirely.
How Can We Restore Our Skin Biome?
Restoring our skins biome is a challenge, particularly now as we continue to practice thorough hand washing and sanitising. With repeated exposure to water, chemicals and skin irritants from hand washes and sanitisers, you are more than likely disrupting the skin biome again and again. If you have a predisposed skin condition like eczema, your skin will be more easily irritated. This is why it is very important to avoid harsh soaps, chemicals or synthetic products on your skin.
Using skincare products that are natural, with no nasties and that are packed with high concentrations of proteins, will help to restore and balance your skin biome. These proteins, namely lactoferrin and immunoglobulins[ii], are a power broker when it comes to restoring your skin and are particularly high in camel milk compared to other milks.
Camel Milk will repair, protect and restore your skin and offers natural skin nutrition and support no matter the skin condition. It is one of the richest, natural sources of pre-biotics, anti-inflammatory lipids and immune supporting proteins available. It contains everything naturally your skin needs to repair, support, nourish and balance your skin biome.
Rituals For Restoring Your Hands
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using warm water and a natural soap such as SUMMER LAND CAMEL MILK HAND WASH OR CLEANSING BAR. If you have time and you really need to soothe sore hands and cuticles, soak your hands for 5 minutes. Either leave your cleansing bar in the water while you soak or pump the hand wash into your basin with plug in to soak and allow the camel milk healing proteins go to work. Pat dry your hands, as rubbing them can further irritate and remove the vital camel milk proteins that will remain on your skin.
Since Summer Land Camels use raw camel milk in our skincare, the lactoferrins and immunoglobulins found in the camel milk retain their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor properties[iii], AND camel lactoferrin will remain on your hands after washing to further protect and repair.
- Apply the SUMMER LAND CAMEL MILK HAND CREAM, which is also rich in lactoferrin, pre-biotics and Vitamin A. This little beauty will continue to repair, protect and nourish your skin by supporting the natural skin biome, which in turn will reduce inflammation and risk of infection through your skin.
- Re-apply SUMMER LAND CAMEL MILK HAND CREAM as needed. Keep this little pump in your handbag to apply and continue to heal, soothe and comfort irritated and inflamed skin.
Camel Milk, The Chief In Skin Rejuvenation
With more and more synthetic ingredients finding their way into our lives in ways we don’t always see, it’s important to use natural and chemical free products on your skin to minimise irritation and to preserve and feed the good biome that live on our skin. Camel milk has been used over the centuries in beauty. Cleopatra was renowned to bathe in camel milk for healthy skin. Further research suggests that camel milk is packed with vitamins, minerals and immune proteins that help with skin nutrition, repair, protection and rejuvenation.
Attributes Of Camel Milk
- Camel milk is higher in Vitamin C, up to 3 times more than human milk. The high level of Vitamin C offers antioxidant and tissue repair properties.
- Camel Milk has Vitamin E improving glutathione levels in the body, further increasing antioxidant activity to rebuild tissue damage.
- Camel Milk has a full spectrum of B Vitamins unlike any other milk.
- Immunoglobulins in Camel Milk reduces inflammation as well as repair tissue damage and restores the skin to a healthy appearance.
- Lactoferrin supports the skin’s natural internal antioxidant system and helps fight invading pathogens. Lactoferrin also binds to iron and helps the delivery of iron to cells.[iv]
- Proteins within Camel Milk are very small and are able to pass through the cell walls to deliver vital nutrients to the body.
The use of Camel Milk skincare that is pure and natural will help soothe, protect and restore your dry and irritated hands. Combine the frequent hand washing and/or sanitising with the cold drying air of winter, your hands deserve some camel milk skincare TLC. Our hand care starter pack, which includes a lemon myrtle hydrating hand wash, cleansing bar and hand cream, will help soothe your hands.
At Summer Land Camels we believe that we should all be authentically connected. Connected to the nature around us, our health and our source of nourishment. That’s why we treat our camels with love and respect and use holistic methods of clean, biodynamic and sustainable agriculture to cultivate our farm’s healthy complex eco-system. We operate in harmony with the land and the seasons. Our land is free from synthetic and chemical inputs like fertilisers, insecticides and pesticides. Our intention is to respect and protect the land and animals rather than deplete them. And this shines through to all of our products including our Artisan Skincare Range.
The Summer Land Artisan Skincare Range is made with natural ingredients and pure, liquid Camel Milk. It is designed to make your skin well and to support and restore your skins natural processes, including your skin biome.
View our entire range for your face, body, hair and hands here – https://summerlandcamels.com.au/product-category/natural-skincare/#shop_products